Review: Hard Candy Top 10 eyeshadow palette in Green With Envy

Since that last Hard Candy Palette was a general success, I picked up another, Green with Envy.



Green with Envy is a neutral palette filled with muted greens and browns, mostly shimmery with a bit of sparkle thrown in there on occasion. The case is plastic, and hard to open. I use my teeth to pop open the latch. It's adorned with lime green fabric covering a foam rectangle, and black lace.









































































As before, I've numbered the shadows.

Shadow 1 is a silvery light taupe with some flaky texture issues.
Shadow 2 is a camel with silver glitter.
Shadow 3 is a warm medium brown, more satin than shimmer.
Shadow 4 is a very dark chestnut, almost black.
Shadow 5 is a green-gold shimmer.
Shadow 6 is a frosty green, the colour of most green eyes I've seen.
Shadow 7 is a shimmery brown, a staple of sorts. Oddly, in the pan it looks olive.
Shadow 8 is a forest green with brown undertones.
Shadow 9 is a blackened teal.
Shadow 10 is another staple brown, this one the colour of bark. It's really nice.

This palette didn't turn out to be as versatile as I thought it would be. The shadows have a tendency to mud up. I cobbled together two looks- a green and a brown.




Using shadows 5, 7, 8, and 9 over Smashbox Photo Finish 24 hour lid primer.




Using shadows 1, 2, 3, 7 and 10 over Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige.

I'm interested in trying to wear these shadows individually.

If you do a lot of office-appropriate looks and your eye colour looks good with green, go for this palette! If you're looking for a palette to aid you in doing multiple green looks, this isn't the one for you.
This palette wasn't enough to convert me to the Hard Candy brand, but it was enough to turn me on to their Top 10 eyeshadow palettes! I just bought the blue version of this palette, which I'll be reviewing soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!