Review: L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint

L.A. Girl is hard to find in Canada and I'd been curious about the L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints, as I love OCC lip tars, but I had sort of resigned myself to never laying eyes, hands or lips on them. Lo and behold, on my last trip to Marshalls, there these were sitting- on clearance for 2 dollars each. I snatched up a handful, and here's what I ended up with-


(L-R) Tease, Pin-Up, Seduce, Coy

These are similar to the lip tars that OCC makes except in a tube with a lipgloss applicator, and not quite the colour range. They're a bit more fluid, not as viscous as a lipgloss, more like a liquid lipstick. They have a minty scent and flavour to them, but it's not anywhere near as strong as, say, Burt's Bees lip products. It doesn't make your lips tingle.

They swatch gorgeously. This is one swipe from the applicator.


(L-R) Tease, Pin-Up, Seduce, Coy

Some take more work to get even on the lips than others.



Tease is a Barbie pink with chunky silver glitter. The glitter stays on your lips once the lip glaze wears off and after you remove it.



Pin-Up is a true red, a near-enough dupe for OCC's NSFW, if a hair lighter. It's also infinitely easier to apply, going on smooth and even in one coat with no finagling.



Seduce is my favourite of the bunch. It's a beautiful berry colour with stellar staying power. It's not MAC Rebel, but it filled the Rebel-sized hole in my heart all the same.



Coy is my least favourite, because it's so hard to get it to go on even and stay that way. If it were matte, it would be a lot better. It's a true blue-based medium purple, darker than lavender.

These have a good wear time but never quite dry down- the gloss just fades. They stain pretty evenly and don't tend to leave a ring around the lips.

If you've been hankering for lip tars, maybe try these out first to see if they're for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!