Review: Maybelline Facestudio Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in Fair

I'm always on the hunt for a good concealer. Right now I'm limited to drugstore options, as I don't trust colour-matching online, so I tend to pick up the lightest shade of whatever new drugstore release there is and hope for the best. Sometimes I have relative success, sometimes not so much.



I saw this tube of Maybelline's new Master Conceal and quickly grabbed the lightest shade, chucking it into my bag after I'd bought it to try out later and inevitably toss into concealer-purgatory with the rest of the drugstore disappointments.



The concealer is packaged in a squeeze-tube with a pointed nozzle, which is my favourite kind of concealer applicator (if anyone can even have such a thing)- no crusty doe-foots for this gal! Let's keep things sanitary.



I swatched this and my heart immediately sunk. It looks so incredibly yellow on my wrist. I was ready to admit defeat and go mope around for an hour or two for having the flesh-tone of a pink oil pastel, when I decided, "what the hell" and slapped some of the concealer on my face.



And... what do you know? It's a match! Not a 100% match but close enough that if anyone sees my face and thinks "hm... is that a yellow-ish spot?" they'll be able to convince themselves that it's just a trick of the light.


(concealer in 10 Fair applied under eyes and on chin)

It hides my red spots and dark under-eye circles without being thick, crepey or cakey. The concealer has a light, not-quite-runny consistency, has light-to-medium buildable coverage and cancels out redness and purple-ness like a total charm. I have to set it with powder in order to stop transfer onto my clothing and creasing under my eyes.

I'm not saying that this is the perfect concealer for everyone- but I am saying that I am pleasantly surprised and will be incorporating this product into my daily routine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!