Review: Maybelline Leather Color Tattoos in Creamy Beige and Vintage Plum

If you don't know what Color Tattoos are, there's a chance you've been living under a rock. They're Maybelline's signature cream shadow pots, supposedly inspired by MAC's Paint Pots, come in a variety of colours from nude to flaming matte orange to shimmery pink, claim 24-hour wear, and can be worn on their own or as a base for powder shadows. Their limited edition releases are much-coveted, and I managed to land my hands on two shades from their Fall 2014 line, the Leather Collection- Vintage Plum and Creamy Beige.



(Left- Vintage Plum, Right- Creamy Beige


(Top- Vintage Plum, Bottom- Creamy Beige)

These color tattoos have a thick, creamy consistency to them. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to dry out- look at the cracks along the edge of the pots!

Vintage Plum is a grey-purple, and Creamy Beige is the colour of a Tim Horton's double-double (coffee with 2 creams, 2 sugars).

I often use these shades as bases for my powder shadows when I really want things to stick (like loose shadows), or if I just feel like having a bit more dimension to my eye area that day.



Ignore the bedroom eyes- here's the Maybelline Leather Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige on the lid with Vintage plum used to create a wing effect on the crease.



And here's Vintage Plum on its own, used to add a small bit of definition to my eyes without being too bold.

Vintage Plum is patchier than Creamy Beige, requiring more build-up to show true-to-pan colour.

It's worth noting that I picked these up because I've generally had far much more success with the matte/creamy color tattoos than the shimmery ones, which have a tendency to be very patchy and dry out more quickly.

These are definitely a must for the makeup-wearer on the go, easy to slap on, non-creasing and long-wearing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!