Review: NYX Shadow Singles in Autumn Sky and Lime Juice

I'm a sucker for colourful eyeshadow, and today I have for you NYX eyeshadow singles in Autumn Sky and Lime Juice.

(L-R) Autumn Sky, Lime Juice

(L-R) Autumn Sky, Lime Juice

They come housed in itty bitty plastic compacts. Very simple, I like it. However, they don't stack one on top of the other because of their rounded tops, which can be a bit of a pain if you store your makeup on top of a vanity.

The texture of the shadows is extremely soft. So soft. I've shattered many a NYX shadow single before with small drops or clangs, and these are the two that have survived.

(L-R) Autumn Sky, Lime Juice

Autumn Sky is a glistening pale seafoam with silver shimmer.

Lime Juice is a bright yellow-green, the colour of dead grass if you turned up the saturation. It also has silver shimmer.


Because the shadows are so soft, they blend together beautifully but are hard to build up to a very intense pigment. The effect is more of a watercolour than gouache, if you get my drift.


Still- they're very gorgeous. If you can't tell, here I'm wearing Autumn Sky on the lid and Lime Juice in the crease and outer V.


These shadows last about 3 hours for me before the colour fades substantially, which is disappointing. They're also prone to creasing if you don't use a primer.

If you find these on sale and like the colours, maybe pick up a few! But overall, they're not the best that NYX has to offer. Their crumbliness and tendency to turn muddy is a huge downfall in my book, even if it's nice that they're not stiff or chalky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!