Review: Marcelle Rouge Xpression Lipstick in Cleopatra

I'm a little late to the party, but the CBB's brand of the month for April is Marcelle! I realized that I'd never even tried the brand before (I always thought the price point was a bit high for drugstore) but in the name of supporting a Canadian brand, I bit the bullet and picked up three of their Rouge Xpression lipsticks. Today I'll be reviewing Cleopatra.


Those who know me know that any makeup product name to do with history or geography is something I can't resist (I also picked up Paris Rose!)


The tube itself is thin plastic... it actually seems rather flimsy. The design is traditional, but in less of a classy way and more of an old-lady way.


However, the product inside is pure gorgeous.


Cleopatra is the colour of crushed raspberries.


The shade is infinitely flattering. I love it! The texture is light and creamy, and lasts up to 4 hours. It's not drying in the slightest, and fades evenly. Marcelle prides themselves in being hypoallergenic and not using any fragrance in their products. I like this, because other perfectly good lipsticks have been ruined for me by fragrance (looking at you, Rimmel and Maybelline).



A close-up so you can see the gorgeous.

This lipstick is impressively amazing! Next time I'm on the hunt for a lipstick, Marcelle is the first place I'll look.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!