My Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes Under 5 Dollars

After years of thinking I was an autumn person, or a spring person, I have determined that I am definitely a summer person. Eating whenever I feel like it... forgetting what day of the week it is... and being able to paint my nails and having time for them to dry!

Here's my top five picks for summer nails under five dollars.


For summer, I'm a big fan of solid colours. I find that a solid creme in a bright primary or secondary colour can complement a tank and a pair of jean shorts like no nail art could dream of. 


First up is Joe Fresh Tomato, a bright true balanced red.


Then this one- my personal favourite- Rimmel London 60 Seconds polish in Blue My Mind, a fun light blue creme. It does chip like a bugger though.


Revlon Parfumerie's Sunlit Grass, a bright sunshine yellow creme, is a staple for me in the warmer months.


Sinful Colors' Exotic Green is one I thought I wouldn't like, but I find it really different. You don't often find true green cremes available, and I like this paired with any solid tank top and a stack of silver rings.


Revlon Parfumerie's Wintermint is the standout here- the sole glitter of the bunch. Ideally, I would have chosen Mermaid's Dream by Deborah Lippmann but I don't have that one, and this is a dupe. It's just so mermaid-y and beachy, it's perfect.


Here they are all swatched on  nail wheel! Look at how bright those cremes are. If you're not a fan of the solid look, these are all perfect for layering your glitter of choice over. 

Well, I'm not feeling like myself. Back to makeup posts, haha! No, but seriously, let me know if you like my nail posts and I'll queue up a few more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!