Series of Looks: Eurovision-Inspired!


Apart from makeup, my biggest interest is watching the Eurovision Song Contest every year. Eurovision is a contest held in Europe where countries that are part of the European Broadcasting Union send in an original song and act each year, and then they compete. Each country gets to allot points to their top ten acts, and the country with the most points at the end wins!

I love Eurovision- I'm part of several fan groups online, and recently, I've been using Eurovision songs to inspire my makeup looks. I actually worked up the courage to post a few looks to the fan groups, and they were met with a lot of praise, as well as requests for more looks inspired by specific songs! So I thought I might as well share a few of the looks here with you. The links to the songs are in the titles as well!

Latvia 2016: Heartbeat by Justs



The first Eurovision look I did, and still probably my favourite. I used my Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette on the eyes- mostly Destroyer for the red part of the lid, Muse for the lavender inner corner, and Echo for the lower lashline. I used Black Metal to deepen up the crease as well. On my lips is Blue Velvet Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics.





Norway 2009: Fairtytale by Alexander Rybak



The winning song of 2009 with the most-ever points in Eurovision! I love Fairytale and Alexander Rybak so I just had to do a look for his song.  This look is mostly inspired by the act's stage presentation. I'm wearing the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette again- Analogue on the lid blended out with Fran, and Synth on the lower lashline. I'm wearing Makeup Geek's Fortune Teller in the inner corner and Colourpop's Piggy Bank Creme Gel Liner on my top lashline. On my lips is NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Life's a Beach.





Serbia 2010: Ovo Je Balkan by Milan Stankovic



This is such a fun song with a fun presentation! I used, again, the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette for the eyes. Swoon in the crease, Synth on the lid, and Anthem on the lower lashline. Skulls in the inner corner, and Colourpop Creme Gel Liner in Piggy Bank. Lips are the Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi.





Netherlands 2016: Slow Down by Douwe Bob



This look was requested by some fans on facebook! I didn't like the song at first, but I listened to it the whole time I did my makeup and now I can't stop singing it. Plus Douwe Bob ain't hard on the eyes....
I used the Stila Eyes are the Window to the Mind palette, almost all of the warm shades. I focused on building up a warm crease and having a cozy, smokey, blown-out look. I put a bit of the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer in the inner corner. On my lips is Colourpop Tootsi.





Russia 2014: Shine by the Tolmachevy Sisters



Like the song says, I wanted my look to shine! I used the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer and NYX Prismatic Shadow in Girl Talk on the Lids, with shadows from the previously mentioned Stila palette in the crease. I then focused on creating a glowy face- I mixed some Burberry Sheer Glow in with my foundation, then blended the e.l.f. all-over cover stick in Lilac Petal over my cheeks. I set the cream highlight with OFRA You Glow, Girl! Highlight. On my lips is an e.l.f. moisturizing lipstick that I can't remember the name of, sorry!



That concludes my first roundup of Eurovision-inspired looks, but there are many more to come, so stay tuned!




Comments

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Mold Removal Deptford

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!