April Favourites- 2016!

This month was a busy one- finals, moving back home, and I've been working nights at a barn away from home for the past two weeks. I didn't wear much makeup at all, which makes this favourites post a strange one. I usually have all-makeup favourites posts, but this month, only one item is makeup related! So let's get down and dirty with it.



I've even got a hair product in there!



This is the OGX Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist. I've never been one to fuss with my hair beyond blow-drying it on occasion- I can't even be arsed to buy conditioner. However, I saw this in my mom's cabinet while plugging in the hair dryer and thought, "Oh, why not?"

This mist makes my hair feel soooo soft and not greasy at all. It has a very strong, sweet coconut scent that lingers for hours. I personally love that- it makes me feel ethereal and very put together. I just spray this on the ends of my hair before I blow dry it and bam, I'm in the tropics for a day (or at least my hair is).



Next up, a skincare item- and a high-end one no less! My mom gave me this, she got it in a set and didn't like it. However, the Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask has been doing wonders for my skin.

 I wash up with this before I use a hydrating mask. This face wash lathers up beautifully and doesn't dry out my already-parched skin! It also managed to tackle my biggest skin issue- texture. My skin is so textured that I always have to pack on the silicone-filled primer before I do my makeup, lest I look like a crusty mess. But since I've been washing my face with this stuff, my skin has been so soft that I've been able to forgo my heavy layer of primer! I'm extremely happy about that, now that the weather's been warmer- who wants to slather on a suffocating layer of slippery silicon when their pores are already getting clogged with sweat?

Anyways- 10/10 for this face wash. I haven't used it as a mask yet, actually, but that's next on my list!



The Rimmel Brow This Way is actually an old favourite that I fell out of love with a while ago. I purchased a new tube anyway, this time in my correct shade, and I've been blown away. This brow gel fills in all of my bald/sparse spots and it's become my one-and-done brow product again. Perfect for days when I don't want to fuss with a pencil and spoolie (which, I'll admit, is 95% of the time).



Okay, now for some lifestyle favourites!

I have fallen hard for DAVIDsTEA in the past month. Seriously hard. I used to be a strict black/chai tea drinker- maybe peppermint if I was feeling under the weather, but none of that fruity crap. However, as soon as I smelled Melon Drop at the DAVIDsTEA store, I knew I had to try it. It ended up being the tea I drank nonstop all through finals. It's a gorgeous, sweet fruit infusion of honeydew melon and papaya that makes my mouth water. The tin claims that it's "drop dead delicious", and that claim is absolutely correct. I've since found out that this tea is actually meant to be had as an iced tea. I tried that, but I found it to be too weak and not sweet when iced. So if you've tried Melon Drop and didn't love it, try it hot! It makes a world of difference!



Remember this brand from last summer? I finally bit the bullet and purchased one of the soy candles from Country Cabin Candles & Soaps (a local brand to my city!). I got the scent Peppermint Fluff, and I find that this is the perfect candle to burn for half an hour and then put out. If you burn it too long, the peppermint gets a little astringent, but burnt for a short time, it makes your whole room smell like sweet peppermint candy. I know it's a little out of season, but I love it all the same!

And so concludes my monthly favourites! Did you love anything this month that surprised you?



Comments

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Mold Removal Oaklyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!