My Favourite Gold Highlighters + Ones I Want To Try




Who doesn't love a good gold highlighter? Some may have tons, but I've found two that I love and have stuck to them. Those two highlighters are the Wet N Wild Fergie Collection Shimmer Palette in Hollywood Boulevard, and The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. Though one is drugstore and one is high-end, I love them the same!



 I picked up the Wet N Wild Fergie Collection Shimmer Palette in Hollywood Boulevard over in the USA, for about five US dollars (I believe the Fergie line is actually being discontinued, so get it while you can!). It's gorgeous with a buttery texture, all sheen and no glitter. It feels like a luxury powder! Don't let the pink and brown stripes fool you- this product swatches a beautiful gold. It was my first (and only) foray into true gold highlighter. I wanted to know if it would look good on me- I was afraid gold would be too dark on my fair skin tone. However, I think it looks great! I especially love to layer it with the next highlighter I'll mention.

The Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm was about 28 dollars Canadian, and is widely known as a cult favourite. It was the very first highlighter I ever purchased, and I still use it regularly (as you can see by the fact that I've hit pan!). It's a light, pale, neutral gold and it is very intense, with a lot of shimmer. It looks gorgeous on the skin and pairs with any makeup look.



Some swatches for you- on the top is Hollywood Boulevard, and on the bottom is the Mary Lou Manizer.



And here they are catching the light! Look how gorgeous!

Though I've stuck with these old faithfuls for a long time, I'm looking to expand my gold highlighter horizons! Here are a few I've been lemming after for the past little while.

Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer, $31 CAD



I've wanted this highlighter *desperately* for about a year but the price tag always stops me. I feel like I don't use liquid highlighter enough to justify it, but every time I swatch this in store it's so incredibly intense and gorgeous that my jaw drops. I'm just gonna have to hope to receive this as a gift someday.

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey, $28 USD



Another cult favourite, this highlighter is so enticing. Not only is it beautiful, but I've heard nothing but raves about it- that it melts into the skin, is almost reflective, the whole nine yards. Whenever I make it to ULTA I'm definitely picking this up.

How do you feel about gold highlighter? Any faves I should know about?


Comments

  1. Laura Gellar is on my wishlist as well! I recently got my hands on the balm Mary Loumanizer and it is SOOOO wonderful. I understand why everyone and their mother raves about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon

May Favourites 2016!

Products I've Hit Pan On!